Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Movie Quotes

I can't tell you how happy I am that we have movie quoters on the team. While on Mt. McKinley, I tried and tried, but the Norwegian, Brit, and other American guys I was climbing with would just stare at me blankly when I'd throw out a great one from "Tommy Boy," itself a fantastic gold mine of quotable quotes: "What's your favorite Little Rascal? Is it Alfalfa? Or Spanky? Sinner..." Just didn't work, they just thought I was weird, which truth be told, I probably am.

In the Marines, quotes are a way of life. They just happen, over and over. Any time the going gets tough, the quotes get going. 17-mile conditioning hikes result in countless "Superbad," "Old School" and "Anchorman" quotes. While Will Ferrell and Vince Vaughn may have taken over quote point from guys like Mike Meyers and Chris Farley, the intent is there nonetheless.

Here, even the Sherpas are quoting. Get them watching "Blades of Glory” and the quotes pop up on the trail the next day. Willie and Francisco think that "Talladega Nights" has some good ones: "Magic Man and El Diablo... what's El Diablo? I don't know... some sort of chicken with horns" is great.

I think it's awesome. Talk about a great way to suffer while laughing.

"I am McLovin..."

No comments: